The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development
Skills And Qualifications:
You might be a great fit for this role if you posses these skills and abilities:
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping and general accounting practices and procedures
- Must be reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
- Records maintenance skills
- Ability to prepare research reports and proposals
- Database management skills
- Ability to analyze budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- A strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Accounting software experience, QuickBooks preferred but not required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but will accept applications of those with equivalent experience
- At least two years of directly related experience required
Duties And Responsibilities:
A Quick Job Summary - What's special about this job ...
Under general supervision of the Director of Finance, performs a variety of routine duties in the preparation, maintenance, and processing of accounting records and transactions, including accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable; balances and maintains manual and computerized accounting and financial records; and performs related work as required. This position performs the full range of accounting and bookkeeping duties as assigned.
What will NCAIED's Accounting Clerk do? Essential responsibilities include ...
1. Performs a variety of routine to complex technical and administrative accounting support duties related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll; including posting and maintaining manual and computerized accounting and financial records according to established policies and procedures
2. Verifies, posts, and records a variety of financial transactions
3. Enters and retrieves information and data using standard word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as accounting, financial, and other related electronic information systems specific to the area of assignment
4. Maintains the accuracy of accounting and financial records
5. Generates and assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial summary and technical reports
6. Performs general office support duties, such as opening and routing mail and deliveries; preparing correspondence; filing and recordkeeping; duplicating and distributing various written materials; and ordering and keeping inventory of office supplies
7. Assists customers, departments, and employees by providing answers and information regarding specific accounting information, discrepancies, general accounting procedures, and/or department specific issues and problems; researches issues and updates files and departments on action items
8. Works closely with multiple state payroll tax agencies to ensure correct rates are being used, all accounts and reports are up to date and all payments are current
9. Assists supervisor with special projects as required
10. Works collaboratively with internal and external customers
11. Assists with meetings, conferences and special events as needed
Salary And Benefits:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,600.00 - $41,600.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
About NCAIED ...
The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. With more than 50 years of assisting American Indian tribes, Alaska Native villages and corporations, and Native-owned businesses, the National Center has evolved into the largest national Indian-specific business organization in the country.
Who we serve: The organization serves over 1,000 clients that secure over $4 billion in contracts on an annual basis. The key focus areas of the National Center are federal advocacy, economic development assistance for tribally and Native-owned businesses, increasing access to capital in Indian Country, and developing training and educational events, including the annual Reservation Economic Summit (RES). The National Center has ten offices throughout the United States, with a home office located in Mesa, Arizona.
Ready to apply? Wonderful! Please submit ...
- Resume including salary requirements.
- Professional reference list with contact information.
- Cover letter that explains your interest in working for NCAIED and the experience you have had that you think are most relevant to the position.