Behavioral Health Services Director
Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa
Skills And Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling, and 5 years of experience in treatment program administration OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess independent clinical licensure in the state of Iowa (LISW, LMHC, LMFT or equivalent certification.
- Prefer experience working the Native Americans.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to attend workshops, seminars and meetings.
- Must respect Meskwaki cultural beliefs.
- Have ability to make sound decisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in teambuilding and teamwork.
- Must submit to and successfully complete background investigation.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Develop annual budget and program to meet the needs of the Meskwaki community
- Ensure that services are culturally competent, strengths based, recovery based, focused on rehabilitation and are inclusive of Person preferences. Ensure that the Person is at the center of all care and that all interventions are developed and provided in a manner consistent with Person preferences.
- Oversee all administrative and clinical functions of team and oversight of services for all Persons. Monitor overall service delivery and utilization of supports for up persons served.
- Oversee the completion and direction of clinical assessments and assessments related to risk and crisis management. Ensure that assessments are inclusive of the Person's preferences, are strength based and culturally competent.
- Ensure that clinicians complete intakes in timely manner and that risk is appropriately assessed.
- Ensure that staff members are focused on independence and strength-based intervention to assist Persons in their goals.
- Provide direct clinical interventions and adapt the individual's treatment plans as needed.
- Provide on-call backup clinical support to staff on a rotating basis.
- Supervise staff, develop assignments and duties, and coordinate training, education, prevention, and community involvement.
- Implement the MBHS policies and procedures manual during daily operations.
- Maintain appropriate licensure standards for facility and staff.
- Implement education and prevention activities.
- Develop and implement quality assurance and quality improvement standards to all program goals and objectives.
- Comply with Indian Health Services Tribal 638 Contract requirements.
- Assist with counseling, referrals and follow-up for individuals, groups and families, as necessary.
- Evaluate staff and program regarding program goals and scope of work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary And Benefits:
Annual Salary Range: DOQ
Questions: Dana Davenport, HR Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa 349 Meskwaki Rd Tama, Iowa 52339 641-484-4678 Ext. 9237