Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa
Skills And Qualifications:
Serves as Comptroller/Chief Financial Officer for the Sac & Fox Tribe and provide oversight to business entities. Responsible for directing overall financial policies of the Tribe including accounting, budgeting, credit, investment, insurance and tax. These functions include establishing the Tribe’s accounting principles, practices, procedures and presenting financial results, findings and recommendations to Executive Management and Tribal Council.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration with emphasis in accounting.
- 5 years of experience in professional level accounting.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Prefer Certified Public Accountant designation
- Prefer experience working with Indian tribes’ financial accounting systems.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Attend all business enterprises’ board and executive management meetings.
- Financial planning and investment advisement, coordinator and execution as approved by Tribal Council.
- Ensure that the tribal audits are completed in a timely manner and assist as necessary.
- Provide advisement to the tribe and/or its entities on process improvements for current practices and audits.
- Supervise Finance staff, review work correctness and evaluate employee performance as scheduled.
- Insure daily cash flow is sufficient to meet outstanding and future disbursements.
- Review vouchers payable and allocate cost to appropriate cost centers/programs and general ledger accounts.
- Review and approve all financial reports and budget modification requests.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Develop, implement and monitor overall Tribal budget.
- Attend Executive Management and Tribal Council meetings to provide financial information and advice.
- Review, analyze, and update overall accounting system, financial policies and procedures to ensure financial control and reporting requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Analyze and upgrade office computer, information systems and coordinates staff training on the new software and hardware changes.
- Monitor changes in contract requirements, federal regulations, tax law and reporting procedures and incorporate accordingly.
- Administer Tribal investments including, updating Tribal Investment Policy, Minor’s Trust, Tribal loan programs, etc.
- Assist Personnel Manager in administering employee health benefit plans and Worker Benefit policies for the Tribe and its affiliates.
- Review, obtain and oversee Tribal general liability insurance policy.
- Must have general knowledge of teambuilding and be willing to implement team building principles with the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary And Benefits:
- Salary range is $94,789 - $150,288
Questions: Dana Davenport, HR Specialist Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa 349 Meskwaki Rd Tama, Iowa 52339 641-484-4678 Ext. 9237