Dental Hygienist - Full Time
Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa
Skills And Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Dental Hygienist in good standing with licensure board.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience after clinical rotation.
- Prefer employment as clinical dental hygienist in 12 of the last 36 months.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess CPR Certification.
- Must submit and pass a federal background check.
- Requires Hepatitis B series vaccinations.
- Prefer experience working with Native American populations.
- Prefer experience working with Electronic Dental Health records.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have good manual dexterity.
- Must be creative in approach to patient management and oral health education.
- Must adhere to confidentiality guidelines.
- Must possess strong computer skills in Microsoft Office programs and other healthcare software as needed.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Complete patient screening procedures such as assessment of oral health conditions, reviewing health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse.
- Taking and uploading dental radiography.
- Removing calculus and plaque from all surfaces of the teeth.
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth such as sealants and fluoride.
- Instructing patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health such as tooth brushing and flossing.
- Counsel patients about good nutrition and the impact on oral health.
- Make impressions of patient’s teeth for study cast models.
- Documentation and office management activities with Nextgen Software.
- Administer local anesthetic agents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary And Benefits:
Annual Salary Range: DOQ
Questions: Dana Davenport, HR Specialist Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa 349 Meskwaki Rd Tama, Iowa 52339 641-484-4678 Ext. 9237