National Congress of American Indians
Skills And Qualifications:
- Associates degree preferred or 3 years of administrative assistance or coordinator roles.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office or Google Suite, Trello, Salesforce.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Proven communication and customer service skills.
- Professional demeanor as the first person many will meet representing NCAI, including cultural awareness.
- Highly dependable.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The membership coordinator is key to the efficient operation of NCAI and will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. The membership coordinator also functions as the liaison between an organization and its members. This includes answering queries, providing information, devising regular communication activities, and maintaining membership records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties of the Membership Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement membership plans for retention of current members, and growth of new members.
- Coordinate, track, manage and evaluate all membership and renewal activities, including new member / renewal / and potential member mailings.
- Review and refine membership marketing and promotional materials including applications, welcome collateral, correspondence, and applicable forms.
- Provide creative input into fundraising approaches and membership drives.
- Create comprehensive updates and reports
- Process membership applications, payments, and supporting documents and do associated data entry. Assist existing members with renewals.
- Oversee the member databases and lists; ensure information is accurate and kept up to date.
- Provide feedback on database improvements and stay abreast of current client management tools.
- Process registration, exhibitor, and sponsor applications and payments. And other Conference support
- Provide consistent updates to Executive Director.
- Confidently and professionally communicate with tribes and individuals who are members of NCAI, and with the public as a representative of NCAI.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure that partnerships and affiliations with external organizations are tracked and with Legal Counsel to ensure fulfillment of Memoranda of Understanding.
- Work with the Executive Director to coordinate outreach efforts involving NCAI board members.
- Work with Communications to coordinate member lists and information, and on promotional materials to promote the benefits of NCAI membership.
- Work with Finance to ensure financial tracking of tribal, partner and individual memberships.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and keep staff informed of pertinent membership information.
- Serve as the backup, when needed, for light administrative duties.
- Support the mission of NCAI through other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.