Tribal Health Director
Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas
Skills And Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
1 Bachelor'sDegree ni Public Health Administration, Healthcare Administration or Business Administration (Masters a plus)
2. Must be self-motivated, possess excellent organizational skills and be able to effectively perform in a potentially stressful environment.
3 Five (5) years of experience in healthcare administration and management preferred.
4. Must possess a proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and adhere to and uphold HIPAA regulations, requirements and trainings.
5. Must have a valid state driver's license.
6. Must possess professional work ethics, manners, and appearance.
7. Ability to develop positive working relationships with others, including members of the public.
8. Must be willing to travel and participate in training as recommended.
PREFERENCE IN FILLING VACANCIES IS GIVEN TO QUALIFIED INDIAN CANDIDATES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INDIAN PREFERENCE ACT.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The Tribal Health Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Chief Kina Health Clinic. The Director will work toward developing the clinic to accommodate future needs of the community while coordinating programs, services, functions and activities that provide quality clinical services to the Tribal community. Chief Kina Health Clinic is committed to healthy lifestyles and honoring traditional Tribal values to maintain physical, emotional and social wel- being. The Clinic Director develops and maintains relationships with local, state, tribal and national health and professional organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promotes and leads an organizational culture that embraces the values of respect, care, support, effective communication, teamwork, collaboration, accountability, and responsibility; and works with all staff and outside providers to create and maintain a workplace environment reflective of such values
• Develops, coordinates, and integrates Clinic plans in accordance with policies, procedures and directives that achieves Tribal health goals and objectives
• Liaison to outside agencies, volunteer groups, and individuals to improve the total health environment of the tribe.
• Works cooperatively within the Clinic, Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas, Indian Health Services and other agencies as needed.
• Directs the establishment and maintenance of all healthcare related records, data, and records management systems
• Monitors clinic facilities maintenance activities in conjunction with Indian Health Services, Tribal Maintenance and Construction Departments
• Develops and implements all Clinic policies/procedures to include administrative, clinical, environment of care and orientation of new employees
• Formulates the operating budget in compliance with Tribal health goals and objectives, which includes budget preparation, review, monitoring and administering of program budgets.
• Secures additional funding through grants and optimized third party (Medicare/Medicaid, Veterans Administration, outside insurance companies etc.) billing to supplement and enhance the Clinic operating budget.
• Negotiates contracts for contract health services and third- party billing
• Maintains and manages inventory
• Provides advice and consultation on Tribal Health programs to individuals, employees, and local, state, and Federal agencies
• Keeps current on federal/state laws and regulations, which may impact Tribal health programs/policies.
• Monitors contacts to ensure compliance with all regulations, reporting requirements, etc.
• Manages the department, including but not limited to, general supervision, performance evaluation, disciplinary procedures, leave approvals, time sheets, etc., with applicable approval when necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate person.
Amber Thompson, Alabama-Coushatta Tribe Human Resource Assistant Email: Thompson1.Amber@actribe.org
Organization Web Site:
www.alabama-coushatta.com/employmentApply Now »