Friends of the Children
Duties And Responsibilities:
Friends of the Children is seeking a passionate, committed leader to use their cultural knowledge, expertise, vision, and connection to community to launch and lead Friends of the Children in Eastern Idaho. Our model is proven to impact generational change by empowering youth who are facing the greatest obstacles through relationships with salaried professional mentors – 12+ years, no matter what. As Executive Director for our Eastern Idaho chapter, you will work with tribal partners, community leaders, schools, non-profit partners, and investors to significantly impact foster care and intergenerational poverty in the region.
Our Executive Director will be a passionate advocate for children and families facing life's greatest challenges and will be effective at communicating the urgency of our mission and success of our outcomes. They will be a dynamic and engaging spokesperson for the organization and will excel at networking and fundraising with major donors, corporate leaders, foundations, and the communities we serve. They will understand the nuances and bring experience in working with community leaders in urban, rural, frontier and tribal communities. They will have a deep understanding of our core model as it relates to both the incredible potential of every child and family and also the significant barriers facing children and families impacted by foster care.
The ideal candidate will have a commitment to the wellness of all communities, including Indigenous communities, smart head for business, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a soft heart for kids. They will be equally skilled at leading strategic planning, reviewing financial statements, overseeing program evaluation, and asking donors for financial support.
The right leader will be fiercely committed to ensuring that the unique needs of every child and family are met and that every aspect of the organization's mission is executed with full engagement of the youth, families and communities impacted by our work.
Are you this amazing leader? Here's what we have to offer you:
• Opportunity to work with and build an engaged, motivated Board that works to provide solid governance and sustainability for the chapter.
• Opportunity to hire and partner with a team of talented employees who are passionate about working together to create an extraordinary and impactful organization.
• Opportunity to enhance the circle of resources available to youth, particularly Indigenous youth, in Southeast Idaho.
• Support from a strong, cohesive National team committed to innovation and high standards.
• Respect for work-life balance for yourself and others. You'll bring your full self to work and lead by example by integrating work and personal life with attention to self-care so that your work schedule is not depleting.
• A comprehensive benefit package.
• Compensation commensurate with experience: $90K-$110K
• Most of all, you get to lead an exceptional organization that helps children facing incredible odds change their life stories every day.
At Friends of the Children – Eastern Idaho you will get to think globally and act locally. You will be part of an established growing national network that provides paid professional mentors to thousands of children across the country. As the Executive Director, you'll receive expert support from our National team, which is headquartered in Oregon. You'll also work with a talented team of leaders from other locations across the country, who collaborate to support implementation of the model and our award-winning national scaling plan.
Salary And Benefits:
$90,000 - $110,000
Please apply online
Organization Web Site:
https://friendsofthechildren-national.hiringthing.com/job/613021/executive-director-eastern-idahoApply Now »