Date: Nov 16, 2020
Where: Innovation Center at the Blue Lake Rancheria
About the Event:
THE CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PREPAREDNESS AND
THE RESILIENCY TRAINING AND INNOVATION CENTER AT THE BLUE LAKE RANCHERIA
Field Force Operations (FFO) is a three-day course providing state and local law enforcement personnel the
knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for and successfully mitigate threat incidents involving civil disorder.
FFO combines classroom instruction with practical exercises that afford responders the opportunity to practice
concepts and tactics in a controlled environment. Actvities included in this course are mass arrest procedures,
team tactics, demonstrator tactics, crowd dynamics and mob behavior, use of riot control agents and less lethal
munitions, and the employment of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
• Understand how the First, Fourth, Eight and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution relate to civil action disorder.
• Express the considerations and processes for conducting
mass arrests during civil action/disorder.
• Act as a member of an arrest team and remove an arrestee using both two- and four-officer carry techniques.
• Serve as a member of a mobile field force (MFF) team while conducting dismounted crowd control operations with and without personal protective equipment (PPE).
STUDENTS WILL NEED TO BRING:
· Helmet with face shield
· Riot baton with belt ring
· Gas mask with carrier
If students don’t have this gear, it will be provided to them.